Monday, December 10, 2007

Davos Snow Report

As you all know in 7 days I am off to Davos, Switzerland snowboarding for my yearly pilgrimage to the snow. Currently the Depth of snow  on the summit is 130cm and on the middle station is 126cm.

I have been watching the Davos weather patterns for the past month or so now and I am quite confident that the snow will hold out.  You may remember or know that Europe has had a very early season, which for some of these small towns that make their living from tourism, if the snow doesn't hold out they will have a tough year. I am sure this all has something to do with global warming.

This of course asks the question, how long till snowboarding & skiing was a sport of the past? Or at least mountain skiing and boarding anyway.

As you would have known I purchased a JVC video camera in the hopes of getting some good footage. Who knows?

It is probably a bit late to book now but If you can get to the snow for Christmas. There is nothing like a white Christmas. Couple that with snow and basically what more can you ask for.

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

SnowExtreme Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie