Wednesday, May 17, 2006

K2 Recon Riser S-Class Snowboard


The K2 Recon Riser S-Class Snowboard sometimes gets lonely. It has plenty of friends (you'll be one soon) but it's so unlike any other all-mountain ride that it needs its own class—that of S. Designed for big-mountain rippers, snowboardcross aficionados, and hard-charging riders who live for big turns and eye-watering speed, the Recon makes the most of its solitude. With 6mm of built-in riser height that includes 2mm of vibration-absorbing material on top, you'll have unbelievable edge hold and control. Haul ass down groomers while carving trenches without chatter, but don't think the Recon's so uptight that it'll only ride one type of terrain. Take it in the steeps where you have to hop from turn to turn and edge to edge, and feel how confidently it grips that crusty snow. When it dumps, the Recon's mission is far from over; its solid flex and longer length give you a sublime ride. No wonder the Recon spends so much time alone—other boards just can't keep up.

Bottom Line: Accelerate your riding on the Recon.

What You All Thought:
I ride a Burton Air 165, but on my last trip I had a spin on my buddies Recon Riser 157. I thought it would be way too small and unsuitable; I was surprised at the result. It held like glue, no chatter at speed, and easy turning. Now I have to get one. - cog

I just went to Colorado this past weekend on vacation and tried out two different boards. I rode the K2 recon riser S-class 157cm, and it was amazing. I am comparing this board to the Burton Air 157cm, which I rode the first day at Breckenridge and it did okay. Wasn't the greatest handling but did okay. I rode the Recon Riser the next day at A-basin, and the board handled very well. It's a bit on the heavy side but where ever you wanted to go, it took you. Also the ride was the smoothest I've felt. - lilboy03


K2 Recon Riser S-Class Snowboard

K2 Recon Riser S-Class Snowboard

The K2 Recon Riser S-Class Snowboard sometimes gets lonely. It has plenty of friends (you'll be one soon) but it's so unlike any other all-mountain ride that it needs its own classthat of S.



Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

SnowExtreme Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie