Thursday, December 22, 2005

New Zealand: Remarkables


I felt it time to review another mountain from my 2005 New Zealand Snowboarding Trip.

traveling the 18km bust trip from Queenstown up a tight narrow gravel road is an experience on its own. Having mainly snowboarded in Switzerland, the traveling up through grass and rocks with not much snow insight was different.

If your not scared of height then I suggest you try and get a seat which is on the out side of the mountain not close to the mountain face. This way you get a good view of what below you. On most of the track I would say it would be a tight fit too squeeze and two busses going in different directions.

Anyway once you finally get to the top you just pop up into a car park and there it is, Snow. All the way up the gravel track you think to your self is it every going to come, and there it is.

So lets get down to the important stuff.

When I was there, there was enough snow but there could have been more. You start of by taking what I call a baby lift, up to the first little hill. This a green run, but as long as you break away and head right to the next chair lift, you get up to some more exciting runs.

What I found was great at all the Mountains I boarded at in New Zealand were the set ups for snowboarders and skiers that liked jumps & rails etc... The Remarkables was no exception.

I was lucky enough to be there at the same time there were some pro's. Some of the things these guys were doing of the well prepared and built jumps was amazing.

Another terrific part about the Remarkables is up where the sort of snow park was they played music. It seems easier to move when something is playing.

There as another run which you got to from the Car Park or restaurant, but the snow was melting quite fast over there so I only did it a few times. The few times I did do it though, I thought it was fantastic.

There was something for everyone, if you were a novice snowboarder that wanted to try your hand at a snow park, they had a special novice snow park created. That I personally feel was a great touch, cause you offen wounder how with out putting your self through heaps of pain you are going to learn how to do some of these tricks you see.

Official Remarkables website: view

I would suggest any one novice to advanced check out The Remarkables if you are in New Zealand. I know I will definately be going there again.

Tags: , , , , ,

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

SnowExtreme Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie