Monday, December 19, 2005

My next snowboarding trip


For something different instead of just putting up reviews etc.. i decided to post this. If you don't like it thats ok the next posts will be of the usualy topics.

Well im still planning it. When I say planning im still trying to work out what time of year I can afford to go, then what country I will go to.

I have been invited to go back to Switzerland next Christmas which would be great, but I would need to start organizing people to come with me around now.

What are you favourite places to go?

The photo is of me in New Zealand last August which was great. Slopes where good, some great parks, and very very affordable, and I would definitely recommend New Zealand to anyone that needs a quick snow fix like I did.

Top 5 Skiing Destinations:

1. BRECKENRIDGE This is a very popular US resort with British skiers and has a good range of accommodation from self catering condos to hotels.

Official Breckenridge website: view here

2. WHISTLER This is one of the most popular Canadian resorts for British skiers. The ski area is suitable for all standards of skier and has some wonderful off piste skiing if you think you're good enough of course!

Official Whistler website: view here

3. VAL D'ISERE and the ESPACE KILLY area This area in France has been popular with British skiers for many years and as a result, the town has a very British bias with English being spoken in practically every bar and restaurant. The ski area is first rate with more than enough skiing and boarding for several seasons never mind a typical week's holiday!

Official Val D'isere website: view here

4. ST ANTON A traditional Austrian ski town with world class skiing and boarding, it recently hosted the World Championships.

Official St Anton website: view here

5. ZERMATT This resort in Switzerland has beautiful scenery and a very traditional alpine village, with access to a glacier. It is a car free resort, with a large selection of excellent restaurants.

Official Zermatt website: view here

I was able to get this list from the BBC Holiday website.

For those of you who read my more personal blog iBlab you would also know about my new girlfriend, who if I go I will definately want her to come as well. Anyway it is all still down the track. As I said in the opening few lines the posts will return to their original topics by tomorrow.

Tags: , , ,

0 comments:

 

About

Site Info

Text

SnowExtreme Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie